Vaughn Industries is currently seeking a full time Safety Manager to work within our Safety Department. Vaughn Industries is an OSHA VPP Star contractor. We offer a great salary and benefits package to all full time employees.
- 5 to 10 years of demonstrated construction safety management experience
- Previous experience supervising other safety professionals preferred
- Exceptional communication, organization, leadership & human relations skills
- Demonstrated strengths in problem solving, planning, and coordinating initiatives
- Excellent computer skills (excel, outlook, word, mobile apps)
- CHST or other accredited professional safety designation, OSHA Authorized 10 and 30-hour Construction Outreach Trainer, and electric utility experience strongly desired
- Experience working with EHS management software, Safety Database websites (ISNetWorld, Avetta, BROWZ, etc.), learning management systems, and social media platforms desired
- Must be willing to Travel
Duties for Safety Manager:
- Assist the Safety Director in promoting and advancing company S&H programs and objectives
- Provide supervision, technical and functional support to field safety specialists
- Assist operating divisions in understanding and implementing the safety management system
- Develop site specific safety plans
- Develop and present safety and health training
- Assist in the development and distribution of employee safety meetings, directives, action plans and communications
- Assist in the administration of incident investigation process and associated documentation
- Provide support for S&H webinars/conference calls, divisional safety meetings, etc.
- Assist in the completion of client pre-qualification requests and administrative functions on Safety Database websites (ISNetWorld, Avetta, BROWZ, etc.)
- Conduct and document S&H audits and observations.
- Competitive wages
- Health, Life, Long and Short Term Disability insurance (no premium to employee)
- 401k retirement plan with Employer match
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Voluntary Life, dental, and vision insurance offered
- Growth opportunities for each employee
We are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Salary will be based on proven past success.
Vaughn Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer & Drug Free Workplace.