Vaughn Industries is currently seeking full time Safety Specialists to support our High Voltage Substation/ T&D and/or Commercial Electric/ Mechanical construction departments. Vaughn Industries is an OSHA VPP Star contractor. We offer full time employment with benefits.
The Safety Specialist’s primary responsibility is to assist the organization and the Safety team in the areas of safety and health compliance, training and promoting Vaughn Industries “Living Safety™” corporate culture.
- Construction OSHA Outreach Trainer, and electric utility experience strongly desired
- CHST or other accredited professional safety designation a plus!
- First Aid/CPR certified preferred
- Valid Driver’s license with good driving record required!
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, leadership, and human relations skills, including the ability to teach/mentor safety related skills and communicate with supervisors and construction tradesmen
- Strong technology skills, including the Microsoft office suite, the ability to use tablets and other mobile devices, and the ability to learn safety related software and applications
- The ability to organize and achieve tasks and objectives with limited supervision
Job Duties for Safety Specialists
- Provide safety and health technical support to project teams
- Maintain a visible field presence on assigned projects
- Perform field safety observations
- Safety training to both large and small groups of employees
- Participate with the project team in safety-related planning and problem solving
- Actively observe and provide feedback/coaching to project teams regarding daily task hazard plans, safe work practices, risky behaviors, etc.
- Assist in developing, communicating, and promoting company safety programs
- Verify that incident and observation corrective actions have been implemented
- Complete all associated reports and documentation
- Travel to assigned job locations
Wages and Benefits:
- Competitive wages
- Vehicle allowance
- Employee Health, Life, Long and Short Term Disability insurance provided – no weekly premium. Dependents and spouses may be added for a weekly premium.
- 401k retirement plan with Employer match
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Voluntary dental and vision – weekly premium
- Growth opportunities for each employee
We are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Salary will be based on proven past success.
Vaughn Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer & Drug Free Workplace.