Journeyman Equipment Operator Job Summary
Vaughn Industries is a family owned construction company headquartered in Carey, Ohio that has been in business over 56 years. Vaughn has been built through a deep commitment to its customers for quality service and to its employees for a safe workplace where they can create a successful future. We offer careers in Electrical, Renewable Energy, Mechanical, and High Voltage construction trades. Vaughn Industries offers great wages and a full benefit package to all full time employees! Our culture is Safety Quality & Customer Satisfaction.
We currently have openings for Journeyman Equipment Operators. We are looking for individuals who are willing to work in & around Ohio & who are also willing to travel!
Requirements of a Journeyman Equipment Operator:
- Ability to perform a variety of semi-skilled and skilled work in the operation of light, medium and heavy equipment and light to heavy duty trucks related to construction and maintenance
- Experience with heavy equipment such as mini excavator, backhoe, trencher, skid steer, large excavator, dozer
- Minimum of 4 years experience preferred
- Driver’s License & reliable transportation– Class A CDL preferred
Duties will include:
- Equipment operation on various jobsites
- Laborer/groundman duties
Wages and Benefits:
- Excellent wages
- Employee Training and growth opportunities
- Overnight perdiem, if applicable– $100/night
- Cell phone discount through Verizon
- Employee Appreciation events
- ACE hardware employee discount
- Branded Vaughn Industries clothing store
After a 30 day Introductory period Vaughn offers the following benefit package:
- 401k retirement plan with employer match 150% of the first 4% of employee deferral
- Paid holidays
- Medical, Rx, and Life insurance (no premium to employee)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Voluntary dependent health and life insurance
- Voluntary short and long term disability, dental and vision
- Unpaid Planned Time off (2 weeks)
- Paid funeral leave
- Paid military and jury duty leave
We are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Salary will be based on proven past success.
Vaughn Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer & Drug Free Workplace.