Safety Specialist job summary
Vaughn Industries is a family owned construction company headquartered in Carey, Ohio that has been in business over 56 years. Our company was built through a deep commitment to its customers for quality service and to its employees for a safe workplace where they can create a successful future. We offer careers in Electrical, Renewable Energy, Mechanical, and High Voltage construction trades. Vaughn Industries offers great wages and a full benefit package to all full time employees! Our culture is Safety Quality & Customer Satisfaction. The Safety Specialist’s primary responsibility is to assist the organization and the Safety team in the areas of safety and health compliance, training and promoting Vaughn Industries “Living Safety™” corporate culture.
We currently have an opening for a Safety Specialist. We are looking for someone who is willing to travel both daily and overnight to jobsites.
Requirements of a Safety Specialist
- High school diploma or equivalent- required
- 5 plus years of construction trade experience- required!
- Excellent safety record and the ability to promote a safe and profitable work environment
- OSHA 30 hour certified – preferred
- First Aid/CPR certified preferred
- Valid Driver’s license
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong technology skills, including the Microsoft office suite, the ability to use tablets and other mobile devices, and the ability to learn safety related software and applications
- The ability to organize and achieve tasks and objectives with limited supervision
- Willing to travel daily to jobsites in all mobile work location including overnight jobsite locations
Duties will include:
- Provide safety and health technical support to project teams
- Maintain a visible field presence on assigned projects
- Perform field safety observations
- Safety training to both large and small groups of employees
- Participate with the project team in safety-related planning and problem solving
- Actively observe and provide feedback/coaching to project teams regarding daily task hazard plans, safe work practices, risky behaviors, etc.
- Assist in developing, communicating, and promoting company safety programs
- Verify that incident and observation corrective actions have been implemented
- Complete all associated reports and documentation
- Travel to assigned job locations
Wages and Benefits:
- Excellent wages
- Employee training and growth opportunities
- Overnight perdiem or paid room if
- Cell phone discount through Verizon
- Cell phone, and other electronics needed for the position provided
- Employee appreciation events
- Ace Hardware discount
- Branded VI clothing store
After 30-day Introductory period Vaughn offers the following benefit package:
- 401k retirement plan with employer match 150% of the first 4% of employee deferral
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- Medical, Rx, Short Term/Long Term disability and Life insurance – (no premium for employee coverage)
- Voluntary dependent health and life insurance
- Voluntary dental and vision
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- PPE/clothing allowance
- Vehicle allowance
- Paid military and jury duty leave
We are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Salary will be based on proven past success.
Vaughn Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer & Drug Free Workplace.