Vaughn Industries is a family owned construction company headquartered in Carey, Ohio that has been in business over 56 years. Vaughn has been built through a deep commitment to its customers for quality service and to its employees for a safe workplace where they can create a successful future. We offer careers in Electrical, Renewable Energy, Mechanical, and High Voltage construction trades. Vaughn Industries offers great wages and a full benefit package to all full time employees! Our culture is Safety Quality & Customer Satisfaction.
We currently have an opening for a Survey/Construction Instrument Operator to work on construction projects throughout Ohio.
- Experience using Trimble Total Station or other robotic GPS/laser instruments and software preferred
- Experience with Revit and Auto CAD preferred
- Knowledge of mathematics needed for precise measurements and executions required
Duties will include:
- Establishing site control, accurately layout points, collect data, perform mathematical calculations and quality checks during the construction phase of a project
- Lay out and install hanger inserts, block outs or sleeves and any other project markers
- Maintain accurate field notes and provide as built documentation
- Relay data and design information to project Foreman and VDC/BIM department
- Confirmation of measurements and review of actual installation verses building plans
- Coordinate and perform work while managing stress and jobsite demands
- Must be able to effectively communicate with Construction Management, Project Foreman, and VDC/BIM team.
- Properly care and maintain Total Station unit and all associated equipment; ensure the proper use of all layout equipment; ensure all preventive maintenance is performed on equipment per schedule
- Inform Trimble Coordinator of any damage to equipment or software issues immediately
- Follow established safety guidelines and adheres to PPE standards set by Vaughn Industries and the Construction Manager
Wages and Benefits:
- Excellent wages
- Employee Training and growth opportunities
- Cell phone discount through Verizon
- Employee Appreciation events
- ACE hardware employee discount
- Branded Vaughn Industries clothing store
After a 30-day Introductory period Vaughn offers the following benefit package:
- 401k retirement plan with employer match 150% of the first 4% of employee deferral
- Paid holidays
- Medical, Rx, and Life insurance (no premium to employee)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Voluntary dependent health and life insurance
- Voluntary short and long term disability, dental and vision
- Unpaid Planned Time off (2 weeks)
- Paid funeral leave
- Paid military and jury duty leave
We are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Salary will be based on proven past success.
Vaughn Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer & Drug Free Workplace.