Vaughn Industries’ Safety Process
Vaughn Industries is dedicated to the safety of our employees. Our core values are based on the moral obligation that we owe to each of our employees – the obligation of providing the best training and the safest work environment. We fulfill these obligations in several ways:
- Traditional Safety Regulations, comprised of our company policy and procedures, as well as OSHA and MSHA regulations.
- Behavioral Based Safety (BBS), where we empower our employees by teaching them to define acceptable behaviors, looking out for themselves and their coworkers with constant awareness.
- Management Commitment and Support. We emphasize the traits and skills necessary for the safest work environment. These include communication, commitment, resources, accountability, and training.
“Safe Acts through Best Safe Work Practices” and Safety Skills – Full time, all the time.
Management Commitment and Support – Employee Owned and Operated.
Safe Acts & Safe Conditions
Vaughn Industries is committed to providing safe conditions and support for all of our employees.
- Before each project, we give our employees time to prepare. This includes extensive job briefings and Task Hazards Analysis to make sure that each person is well-aware of their tasks and any potential risks associated with the project.
- We believe in “Work within Control”, training all of our technicians to be aware of their actions, and to understand the results before they consider acting.
- Increasing risk is not an option for us, and we think that safety should be a habit, which is why we emphasize safety skills both on and off of the job.
- Safety is not just the responsibility of supervisors, which is why we give all of our employees the authority to intervene whenever they spot a potentially unsafe practice. Working together, we eliminate unsafe behaviors and reinforce safety at every turn.
Full Compliance Verification
We believe that “People will do what’s Expected and what’s Inspected”. We do provide regular interviews with our employees to make sure they are being compliant with our safety expectations. This allows both parties, interviewer and interviewee, to receive valuable feedback on actions and expectations.
This feedback helps us evolve as a company. Vaughn Industries believes in Continuous Improvement, always seeking better and safer ways to accomplish our goals.
OSHA Voluntary Protection Program (VPP)
Vaughn Industries has been admitted into OSHA’s Voluntary Protection Program. We were awarded Star approval, due to our commitment to go above and beyond typical safety standards. We have integrated a Safety and Health Management System, which is a system designed to prevent employee injuries, illnesses, and fatalities by continuously planning, implementing, integrating, and controlling the following four interdependent elements:
- Management Leadership and Employee Involvement
- Worksite Analysis
- Hazard Prevention and Control
- Safety and Health Training
“Individuals don’t care what you know, until they know you care.”